Sunday, December 2, 2012

π


Let me be very clear that this is neither a food blog nor a lifestyle blog. I don't bake often enough to know how to make things pretty and I don't keep fresh flowers in my house. In fact, I think it took me 6 months to throw out the dead flowers from the last time we bought some.  (I will admit that I really do enjoy some lifestyle blogs; I might even have a Pinterest account). 
Anyway, the point of this blog is to document my personal style, my journey into man/little man style, and maybe even occasionally express an opinion other than "those earrings would go great with that top".

Despite this, I can tell you that this is pretty much the best cherry pie filling in the world:



At least, it was, until this happened: 

Cherry Pie Filling: Williams Sonoma


I do have a favorite pumpkin pie recipe, it will blow your mind:


Apple Green Mixer: Cuisanart

Before you accuse me of having "man hands", please note that those are actually the hands of a man.

  Sweater: Zara (similar) and Jeans: Zara, old (also seen here)

 Please don't be impressed that my husband is making pie. He is highly educated. He can read. He can follow instructions. His pie, by the way, was better than mine. For some reason, despite (or perhaps because of) two chemistry degrees, I am the one who refuses to follow recipes.


(You are correct in assuming we've never cleaned our oven)


Baby eagerly awaits our awesome pie trifecta duo: 


(baby doesn't really eat pie, btw)

 I really like finding an excuse to wear an apron from my embarrassingly large collection of Anthropologie aprons.

 My Sweater: J Crew   My Jeans: DL1961 (old, also styled here Apron: Anthropologie (old, also love)



Crumble topping, please. 


  I just might have a lifestyle tip for you after all.  If, after a dinner party, the men don't get up to clear the dishes, then you shouldn't get up to clear the dishes. Plant your bottom on that couch and discuss the fiscal cliff (tutorial available here), the difference between peppermint, spearmint and wintergreen (get started here), or whatever important topic is trending that week. 


Cherry Pie Filling: Williams Sonoma   Apple Green Mixer: Cuisanart   Husband's Sweater: Zara (similar) and Jeans: Zara, old (also seen here)   My Sweater: J Crew   My Jeans: DL1961 (also styled here)   Apron: Anthropologie (old, also love) Nails: OPI Russian Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment