Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Postpartum Style

I must admit I've made some style concessions since having a baby. Here are a few things I've learned: 


1. Peplum skirts and tops are your friend.
similar styled here

2. High-waisted jeans are also your friend. 
styled here

3. But Spanx is your very, very best friend.
styled everywhere...but especially here

4. Sally Hansen leg makeup. I will admit to being a self-tanner addict, but I don't like to cover my body with it since I'm constantly nuzzling my little guy. I'm not sure about the health concerns, but I do suspect he doesn't want to look like an oompa loompa.  This stuff is perfect for a quick fix on whatever body part is showing (granted, not much this time of year).

5. Button down blouses (my favs here, here and here). These are great. Just forget about buying special nursing tops, they aren't cute. Also, avoid silk unless you're blessed with one of those mythical babies that doesn't spit up. 

6. Chic diaper bags. Think of it this way, you didn't think this pattern was stylish before you had a baby, right? Well, guess what, it's still not. 

7. Padded nursing bras. This one should be obvious. 

8. Did you lose the junk in your trunk? Postpartum starvation skinny is not hot. Get your bum back with these:

Alternatively, I highly recommend these:


9. Chic pony tails. For when you've had it with the hair pulling.


10. Statement necklaces: keep your lobes in tact.

11. Red lipstick, it cures everything. Even Colic.





No comments:

Post a Comment