Monday, October 15, 2012

Guest Blogger: Nene on Floral Prints



I first noticed these great floral print designs at Stella McCartney's S/S 2011 collection. I love the way the flowers, leaves and fruits are arranged around the cloth making this seem very unique. This isn't some random bolt of cloth cut up into a dress! And while yellow isn't my favorite color, this print and dress are gorgeous. Also, and I just noticed this, to me, the way the pattern is arranged looks sort of like a really colorful Rorschach test.

I next noticed a gorgeous floral print, but red this time, at the Oscar de la Renta show from the S/S 2012 Season. I very much like the way the pattern is duplicated and reversed on the bodice of the dress, and all along the skirt, and also how the outfit is paired with a surprising yet surprisingly complimentary beautiful red geometric belt--it really ties the look together.



 And who can forget the fabulous florals and lace of the Dolce and Gabbana collection  from the same season?

                                                                                                     
Yes, the patterns might look a little bit like couch fabric, and while in Hobby Lobby yesterday, I saw a beautiful upholstery cloth that would make a fine doppelganger for a Dolce and Gabbana dress, but kudos to them for seeing the beauty of upholstery fabric and making it into gorgeous high end dresses. And I very much like how the pattern on the dress is reversed and arranged on the bodice and skirt.
And I might just go back and buy some of that fabric and make myself a skirt like this:

                                                    
Note: Photos from www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment